Heavenly Hash a.k.a. Millionaire Pie
Author: Mama Sarah
Recipe type: Desserts
This recipe is a southern classic and many have similar takes on it. I can not claim full credit for this pie due to this, however, I definitely DO enjoy a refreshing slice of it during our hot, humid summer months!
- 2 large prepared graham cracker pie crusts
- 1 large 32 oz. container of cool whip
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can of crushed pineapple, un-drained
- 1 cup of lemon juice
- 2 cups of chopped pecans (optional)
- Mix cool whip, sweetened condensed milk, crushed pineapple, lemon juice, and chopped pecans in a large bowl.
- Divide mixture between the 2 large graham cracker pie crusts
- Refrigerate or freeze prompty
There are so many variations on this pie that I don't even know where to begin! You can definitely make this lower fat by substituting fat free cool whip and fat free sweetened condensed milk. You can also substitute just about any kind of nuts you prefer, although in my opinion, pecans and walnuts work best. This pie can have many additional fruit add ins. I've seen it with bananas, coconut, mandarin oranges, and even maraschino cherries! Another cool idea is to make this pie holiday friendly with the addition of a few drops of food coloring, i.e., green for St. Patrick's Day! Make it your own! =)