Crazy Day Herb Bread
Author: Mama Sarah
Recipe type: Side Dishes
Being a mom, I barely have time to think, much less make bread the good old fashioned way that I used to. That being said, I utilize my bread machine a lot more now, and if I am in a real rush use a bread mix as my base. (I'm so ashamed!) On that note, this recipe is one of my favorites for those crazy days when the washing machine looks like it exploded bibs and onesies and dinner is a distant dream!
- 1 package of white bread mix (i.e., Krusteaz)
- 1 TBSP of rosemary
- 2 TBSP of Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 TBSP of agave (honey may be substituted)
- 2 TBSP of extra virgin olive oil
- Flour as necessary
- Follow the bread mix instructions and place the necessary ingredients in your bread machine for the smaller loaf. I.e., my machine can do up to a 2.5lb loaf, however, I followed the bread mix directions for the smallest loaf to use the least amount of water
- Add the wet ingredients, then add the dry ingredients
- Start your bread machine for a basic loaf
- Check the dough a few times the first hour to ensure it isn't sticking to the pan. If it is, add additional flour one TBSP at a time until desired dough consistency is reached
- Remove bread gingerly from the bread machine once it cools for about an hour.
- Slice and enjoy!
You can use just about any herb you have in the cabinet for this bread, however, this combination is our personal favorite. Get creative and let me know what you tried in the comments section!