Sarah's Sensational Spinach Dip
Author: Mama Sarah
Recipe type: Appetizer
This is a quick, healthy, and delicious dip recipe that I made up when the person bagging my groceries neglected to put the Knorr Veggie Soup Mix packet into my bag. =/ I was told that my improvised version was actually better by my husband and family and friends who visited over the holidays. I hope you think so too! =)
- 1- 10 ounce package of frozen spinach, squeezed dry
- 1 cup of light mayo
- 1 cup of light sour cream
- 1 can of sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 package of Hidden Valley Ranch Dip and Dressing Mix
- ½ cup of grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup of reduced fat feta cheese
- (Optional: ½ cup of finely diced red pepper)
- Mix all ingredients well in a large bowl and refrigerate over night. Serve with crackers, tortilla chips, and crudité.
You can use full fat sour cream, mayo, and feta, I just prefer a lighter dip. Plain Greek yogurt may be substituted for sour cream.